If you’re a racehorse owner, there are a number of benefits you will enjoy as a member of the Thoroughbred Racehorse Owners Federation.
- We provide connectivity with the community of thoroughbred racehorse owners;
- We provide a forum for owner-related issues to be raised, debated and communicated;
- We act as an effective advocate for thoroughbred racehorse owners, having NZTR Board representation;
- We publish newsletters and information of interest for thoroughbred racehorse owners;
- Our membership cards are recognized at many racecourse venues around the country, providing complementary entry and/or privileges;
The Thoroughbred Racehorse Owners Federation has advocated for, and supported, many industry initiatives for the benefit of all racehorse owners - such as free nomination and acceptances and no jockey fees for Maiden, R70 and R80 races.
It goes without saying that the relationship between owner and trainer is an important component of racehorse ownership – download Agreement to Train a Racehorse for more information.
Racehorse Owners are the backbone of the racing industry, incurring significant cost to purchase and prepare horses for racing.
It is essential that Owners are well represented by an independent body that seeks to maximize their returns - financial, social and enjoyment.
Join the Thoroughbred Racehorse Owners Federation and support the voluntary organization that is working for Owners.
The annual membership fee of $60 Single or $65 Dual will be the smallest investment you make in racing - but possibly the best.